Thursday, March 08, 2007

March 2007

So ..... CCAA have reached October 24th 2005. This is bad news for me as I now think I will only get a referral photo in June 07 and not May.
I am feeling very mixed feelings at the moment. I have moments when I wish I had never started this process and other times when I look so forward to having a child. This wait has been one of the hardest times in my life and yet a rewarding one. Eric and I started this adoption process in August 2004 in the same week as I started my GP Partnership. During this time great friendships have been made and my work commitments have become clearer since the whole process began . Log-in-Date was finally November 21st 2005 and I cannot believe we are still waiting.
I am currently struggling to make decisions as to how I see the future lying and how I will juggle work with seeing and spending time with Li Na. Fortunately Eric is a wonderful man who I know will be an excellent Dad and so I am really fortunate to not be worrying about outside carers for her. I suppose when all is said and done...I wish I could have some more time to just enjoy her and to have longer days with her.
I so hope I look back at this posting oneday and wonder why I felt so blue!!
Laura

2 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

Hey Laura, you can't be blue for too long....we won't let you ; )
thankyou so much for all your help with our baby's room, i love it so much.
Juls and I got some material today for curtains with farm animals on it, so slowly slowly we are a day closer to our girls.
We will see you tomorrow and we will all be happier for seeing Amy-Li hey???
love
Shawn

Shawnstribe said...

Hey Laura, no being sad for too long, come come, tomorrow is another day and we will all cheer each other up.
Thank you for all yours and Erics help with the baby room, i love it.
Julia and I went shopping today and got some farm animal material for a duvet cover.
We will see you tomorrow and Amy will make us all smile
love
Shawn

and the latest is.........

and the latest is.........
May 5th 2007 ( 2 years and 9 months since Adoption started. 18 months since Log in Date with China 21st November ) Me counting .....? No way!!! :)

Dare we hope for a June Referral? and "Gotcha Day"in August?