Monday, August 27, 2007

Gonna Getcha Day - Mon Sept 17th at 16h00

YOU ARE MY CHILD

Sometimes I sit and wonder,
How it's going to be
When I can call your name
and You look up to me.
I don't try to understand
Why you've been left alone
But I pray and count the hours 'till I come and bring you home.

I wasn't there when you were born,
I didn't see you start to crawl.
I couldn't watch your first few steps
or pick you up from first fall.
I may not be the one who saw your first sweet smile,
I wasn't there at the beginning
but from now on .... You are my Child.

Everynight I touch your picture
before I can go to bed,
So that images of you will be dancing in my head.
and although we've never met you
and we've never held you close
We're so Blessed to be your Parents
and we thank God we're who He chose.

I reach for your tiny hands,
but you're a million miles away
and I know I love you more with each slowly passing day.
From the moment you entered our lives,
You became a vital part.
You may not have my eyes, but you will always have my heart.


Acknowlegments to : Shawna & Jeffrey Fox (Koopers Song) , Fields of the Fatherless

2 comments:

Eric and Laura said...

Thankyou for leaving your comments.
I will now be moderating them...so please do not be alarmed if you send a comment and it does not print immediately ! :)
I am getting the message privately.

Shawnstribe said...

I am not surprised!!!!!
where did all this come from ; )

and the latest is.........

and the latest is.........
May 5th 2007 ( 2 years and 9 months since Adoption started. 18 months since Log in Date with China 21st November ) Me counting .....? No way!!! :)

Dare we hope for a June Referral? and "Gotcha Day"in August?